Monday, July 11, 2016

Étoile Savoyarde 2016 - final thoughts

Two years ago, after finishing my first Étoile Savoyarde, I wrote the blog post below. All I can do now after completing my second Étoile is to repeat this sentiment, and re-thank Team Codet for another unforgettable experience in 2016:

"I cannot say enough good things - or even effectively describe - the wonderfully French ambience of this race. The Codet family - Michel, Martine and Gilbert - have through this 6-day race created a beautiful model of cooperative human existence. Everyone supports everyone else, everyone works hard, everyone smiles and greets one another frequently and genuinely, everyone applauds minor victories and consoles minor setbacks. Food is fresh, toil is honest, pain is at times raw, and praise is earned and deserved. This is how all of life should be. We have all been privileged to experience it this week. I thank the Codets again deeply and sincerely, as well as the many volunteers and competitors."


No comments: